Monday, November 14, 2011

Gplus

Recently, I read a very insightful post about whether or not G+ is dying. The key question lies in front of the internet giant I guess is whether social networking is a service or a product.

I am a rare user of Facebook or Twitter; but I am a frequent user of Weibo. Not saying that Facebook or Twitter is not good, in fact they are great and lots and lots of my (non-Chinese) friends love them. Just I prefer Weibo as lots and lots of my (Chinese) friends are using them, even my parents and my in-laws are visiting Weibo regularly. Yes, it is not about which product is better, it is about who else is using it. That's the essence of Social networking. Of course better products attract more people, but there is also timing, preference, acceptance, etc.

Back to the capital G, there have not been a lot of exciting updates. Honestly, I haven't used "Like" or "+1"; I have not switched to the new look for my inbox; I visit G+ once a month probably. On the other hand, I am still a loyal gmail user. So will G+ be successful, we could have asked Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment