Thursday, September 3, 2009

What you see is NEVER what you get

I am pissed off by M$ outlook. I have spent half an hour fixing a small problem, and now I shall spend 10 minutes to complain about that.

The story is, I need to set up my signature in outlook. But it never appears to be what I want.
First, I copied one from my colleague, and trusted M$. Then I got someone told me,
"The signature needs to be Arial 9 and the disclaimer 7.5 (the disclaimer was the right size initially). There also needs to be a break in between the address and telephone numbers and a break in between the telephone numbers and the disclaimer."

Then I manually went to the setting. Changed the font and the line break. The result was
"Disclaimer text is right – text is still 10. Need to change it to 9"

That's not fun. I went back and set the font to be 9. When I opened up a new message, it was still font 10. I removed the previous one, and created a new signature file, fonts set to 9.... bomb... still appeared to be 10. I asked someone, no one had any idea what's inside the mind of stupid M$ outlook.

While editing, I miss LaTeX.

No comments:

Post a Comment