Monday, September 21, 2009

Where is the best gov

As an axiom, most of the government sucks. For one instance, the Aussie gov whom I am dealing with recently.

Consider a gov as a service provider. Then what we are looking for is its product and its cost. That is, the service you can get from the gov, and the tax you pay to it.
Therefore, Aussie gov sucks. The tax is very high (fairly speaking, it is not too high comparing with some Euro countries). The services? Everyone who applies for any residency visa knows that how inefficient it can be for the gov to process your application.
That might because the gov officers are usually fatter. Sometimes, I am just wondering what they are doing in eight hours everyday besides waiting for their salary pay (which is from helpless taxpayers).

Today I am just pissed. I wanted to apply for a learner’s license, used as a photo ID. At RTA, I got every document right; I got full score in the test. Then I asked for what I want. The officer said: we can’t give you, because you can drive on your oversea license. Come on, I know that. I just want a photo ID.
By the way, she is so stupid, constantly checking manual and frequently going asking her supervisor; I would really like a robot to serve me. She looked at my HK license and didn’t recognize as a full license. She looked at my China license and didn’t see the English subscripts under all lines and asked for translation.
Anyway, I am eligible to get one, so they can’t deny my application (and my payment). I finally got one, at a cost of wasting one hour arguing and waiting.

When I went out the RTA, I felt like missing the HK gov. The tax is very low. Recently I got tax repayment from HK gov, which made me very happy that day. The service is extremely efficient. Say, one of my friends was arranged a visa interview in Oct. But he tried to contact the officer; they just let him attend the interview and got the visa in early Sept. The officers are really helpful. They think on behalf of their clients. Unlike the Aussie ones, they just try not to make mistakes (yet another proof of their lack of intelligence), and will not care about what you need even if you pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment