Thursday, April 8, 2010

Online Shopping

Yesterday, tried shopping on taobao. It sucks.

I had tried millions of times to shop online. Basically, find what I want, fill some delivery details, put a credit card number, submit and done. With taobao, it is a pain.
Finding what I want -- the pictures are usually so fake and so pretty while the price is so cheap, made me wonder if it is trustworthy.
Paying my purchase -- in most cases, credit card or cash-on-delivery is not an option. Options are online banking or something similar to bill-pay. Since I couldn't get myself to a convenient store or a post office to pay the bill, I have to try online banking. Most banks have basic online banking service ... charged; and advanced services at some expensive cost. When you want to pay somebody online, if you are lucky that they have an agreement with your bank to cooperate online business, you need to first install some software for that particular bank, then with your national ID number, username, password, passphrase card, and authorization code, you may be able to purchase anything under your payment limit. It takes more than three steps to pay my money! I don't feel protected, I felt totally pissed.

Overall, in China you as a buyer are not trusted; and in the same league, you don't want to trust anybody. Life is difficult for both parties. What a hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment