Friday, March 5, 2010

Prophet

Last time when I flew back to SH, I watched <Surrogates >. It’s a not so fancy Sci-Fi movie, but it has a very realistic sense of feeling.  The background and the characters are not much different from todays.

The prophet in the movie reminded me of the founder of the Free Software movement, Richard Stallman. They look quite assembled! It looks like the director is mocking the real world. In the movie, the prophet himself is actually a surrogate; in the real world, I am pretty sure that RS is not using any non-GNU software – in fact, he probably doesn’t use any software at all. Still remember last time I listened to his speech: he started for 5 minutes and the video recorder asked him to start over again because the camera was off. Then he started all over again, and repeated exactly for 5 minutes. Honestly, I lost some interest of his speech after that point.

Anyway, I am pretty much a MS addicted man now: Win 7, VS2010, MS SQL server, except IE. If there is a prophet telling me that the machine will take over the world, I will buy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment